Fantasybits

A fantasy writing forum
It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: #57 Dragon sphere (5/13/00)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:06 pm 
Head Librarian
Head Librarian

Highscores: 184
Hi, all. :) The new topic is: dragon sphere. Good luck and have fun! I can't wait to read your posts!!

JacLyn :)

Post subject: Re: #57 Dragon sphere (5/13/00)
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:06 am 
Head Librarian
Head Librarian

Highscores: 184
Here's an old post I wrote for this topic ages ago. :)

----

As she parted the tall grasses to enter the small clearing, something on the ground caught her eye. It was palm-sized and shaped like an egg. The sun glistened off of it in a radiance of colors. There were blues, violets, and creams, all sparkling in a crystal incandescence. Genevieve bent down to look closer. She could be wrong, but it looked like a dragon’s egg. _Dragons have not been seen in these parts for ages_, she thought to herself. _There is only one. Very strange. I wonder where it came from. Could there be a dragon around here? I have not seen any signs._

Genevieve thought back to the tales her mother used to tell her when she was a child. A small glimmer shown in her eyes at the memory of her mother. She had been gone for over a decade now. Genevieve had to watch over the forest on her own, now that she was the only one left. It was a life passed down from the women in her family.

She hesitated to move the egg to a safer spot, fearing the one who misplaced it. Genevieve stood up and looked towards the sun. She took a deep breath of the cool summer air. She looked around at the wild flowers as they swayed in the slight breeze. _I should be getting back. Mysta will have missed me._ She sent a wary glance back at the egg in a moment of indecisiveness. _Oh, well. There is really nothing I can do right now. Mysta needs her supper and there is much work to be done._

Genevieve turned away from the egg and walked off into the underbrush. As she moved on, she heard a faint humming from the egg, not with her ears, but in her mind. It seemed to be singing to her. _It is so pretty. Can they really be back?_ she thought, with a wistful glance over her shoulder. All she could see of it was a sparkling glitter between the grass stalks.